Hey Navy Knot! My name is Nia Newton, a rising senior at UW-Madison and the new Intern here. I will be taking over this blog for the next 10 weeks and can’t wait to show you wants new in store.
With summer starting up, I thought it’d be fun to highlight some of my FAVORITE go-to, must have pieces for this season! Although they might be key basics to always have in your closet, they are all winners in my book.
1. LINEN CATAMARAN PANTS: These pants combine fashion and comfort. They are great to wear to work or dinner with friends. Simple and chic these are definitely a must have in your wardrobe. Plus they have pockets! How can you say no to them? ($108, sizes: 2-10)
2. RAW HEM WHITE DENIM SKIRT: Who doesn’t love a white denim skirt? It's so easy to mix and match with outfit choice. Handcrafted and washed in the USA featuring premium denim by world-renowned Candiani Denim Mill from Italy. The denim fabric has a stretch and recovery that creates the perfect fit! ($88, sizes: 0-10) Psss… Sizes are selling out quick, so get yours before they are all sold out!
3. RIC RAC BIKINI SWIM TOP & RIC RAC CLASSIC SWIM BOTTOM: Summer is here and it’s time to get your tan on! Come grab this super cute red bikini and relax by the pool or beach. This bikini set is perfect for Flag Day and the Fourth of July. Just don’t forget to wear sunscreen or else you’ll be as red as the suit. (Top $65, sizes: XS-L & Bottoms $60, sizes: XS-L)
4. GINGHAM SEERSUCKER ONE SHOULDER DRESS: I am all about gingham! This off the shoulder dress is adorable for any occasion. Keep it casual with a pair of flats and fun color accessories for the day, then change into heels or wedges for the night, perfect for a night out in town. ($158, sizes: 2-10)
5. LINEN TANK - WHITE or BLACK: This tank is a staple, must have in your closet no matter the season. You can wear it in the summer when the weather is hot, you can wear it under a sweater, or you can even pair it with a stylish jacket. These tanks are so simple, you can't go wrong! ($42, sizes: XS-XL)